Airplay Receivers for PC: AirPlay is the streaming technology used by apple, a wireless streaming feature that can be found in your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch or mac or windows or any device running iTunes.
With the AirPlay, you can wirelessly stream videos or music or photos from your apple device (iPhone, iPad, iPod touch) to AirPlay receivers. But AirPlay can be used on any platform with AirPlay receiver on the windows system to receive and play the streams directly from the iOS device. So, here are the top AirPlay receivers for PC.
Top 5 AirPlay Receivers for PC You can Try in 2016:
1. Lonely Screen AirPlay Receiver for PC:
LonelyScreen is one of the best AirPlay receivers for PC. It acts the same as an Apple TV, but running on your desktop or PC. With the help of the iPhone or iPad, you can cast or stream anything to your computer screen, just like an apple TV but at no cost.
Devices that Support Lonely Screen:
- iPhone 4S or newer versions
- iPad 2 or newer versions
- iPad mini or newer versions
- iPod touch 5 or newer versions
2. Kodi or XMBC AirPlay Receiver for PC:
XMBC is a powerful free app that turns a PC into a full fledged media center and is also one of the best airplay receivers for PC. This is also an open source software, so there won’t be any problems mostly. But as of now, it has a flawless support for iOS and android devices, not only them. It’s compatible
The devices which support Kodi or XMBC Airplay Receiver : iOS 8 or higher.
3. 5K player AirPlay Receiver for PC:
As the name says, this device can play 4K, 5K, 1080p or any other format you can think of. This AirPlay receiver can help you to stream medias from your iPad or iPhone or iPad or even the Apple watch to MAC OS X or windows PC. This is significantly one of the best airplay receivers for PC with its vast support. It also features few other option to download Youtube to Mp3 and download videos for free.
Supported devices : Supported upto iOS 8.3
4. Mirroring 360 AirPlay Receiver for PC:
Mirroring 360 is a mirroring or AirPlay receivers for PC and lets you share iPad or iPhone or iPod screens without any hardware or cables. It also works with android devices, MAC OS and ChromeBooks. The dark side about this software is that it is paid. But wait, this gives you 7 days of free trial before you purchase the license.
Supported devices : Upto iOS 9
These are the best AirPlay receivers for PC. They are easy to use and the user interface is makes things simpler.
5. Shairport4w AirPlay Receiver for PC :
Shairport4w is an open source tweak for iOS that allows you to play music, stream and even background play music to any of the AirPlay receivers out there. This is a well designed and simple use app and easily one of the best airplay receiver with a simple setup process.
Supported devices : From iOS 8 to iOS 9
How to use AirPlay Receivers for PC :
The AirPlay option of the iOS devices lets you to mirror or cast your device to another using a software or a receiver which acts very similar to the Apple TV. Here are few precautions before you use the AirPlay option:
- First of, the iOS device and the PC has to be connected to the same Wi-Fi.
- On your iOS device, Swipe up from the bottom to open the control center, there will be an option which says ‘AirPlay’ tap on that.
- Once you tap on the Airplay option, you will see the name of the app you have installed over there. For example, if you have installed Lonelyscreen on your PC and opened it, you will see lonelyscreen instead of AirPlay over there. (It should be connected to the same Wi-Fi, else won’t work)
Supported devices and versions:
As of now, the AirPlay option is available to these devices and versions-
- iPhone 4 or later
- iPhone 4s or later for screen mirroring
- iPad, iPad mini
- iPad 2 or later for screen mirroring
- iPod touch 4th gen
- iPod touch 5th gen or later for screen mirroring
These 5 are the best airplay receivers for PC Windows. I think you can use them on your computers and enjoy streaming on Windows PC or Laptop.