Dual Boot remix OS: Remix operating system came in motion from 12th of January 2016 and has gained a huge popularity from the very first day of its launch. Remix OS is the first fully functional Android Operating System. This is specifically created for PC users. It produces certain features of android in a more PC-friendly way which in turn brings out the best of both android and windows.
Remix OS is very amazing but dual boot remix os with windows was a difficult work. However, we have now found a way to Dual Boot Remix OS along with your Windows on your PC. Earlier, a USB Flash Drive was needed to store the portable Operating System and if you desire to boot to android then, you have to plug in the Flash Drive into your computer.
All 64 bit computers are supported by this operating system, be it UEFI or Legacy. So, you don’t have to compromise with the features of Windows to make use of its mind blowing features. In this tutorial I am going to show you How we can dual boot Remix OS on Windows 10, 8.1, 8 or 7 PC or Laptop.
How to Install Dual Boot Remix OS on Windows UEFI or Legacy:
Remix os will let the users to feel original android features on pc. It comes with several user friendly and computer based android features. We all know that android is very popular for its crazy and vast variety of application people always wanted to use several apps on the pc. Though emulators serve the function of running android application on pc they may not that much effective. To effectively serve the function of running android application on pc, android itself released new pc android os version.
Features of dual boot Remix OS on windows:
- After dual boot Remix OS with Windows, you can run the remix os in parallel with windows os without affecting the windows and files in it.
- Originally it was booted through USB flash drive but now no need to use USB flash drive as the Remix os will reside in windows os itself.
- You can enter either into remix or windows upon booting (computer will ask you to select which os you want to log in).
- All Android apps can be run on larger screen without compromising windows os.
- Remix android is os faster than original android os as it is running on computer with high capacity processor than mobile.
- All the work that you did can be saved i.e residence mode is the very good advantage of dual boot remix os.
Steps involved in dual boot remix OS on windows:
1. Finding Bios Mode of Your Computer Before Dual Boot Remix OS:
The first and very important step is to finding the Bios mode of your computer. Bios mode can be of two types one is UEFI and another one is legacy. There are separate softwares available for each type boot mode of system.
Here are the steps to find bios mode of your computer:
- Press Windows + R then you will get command dialog box as shown in below figure.
- Type msinfo32 in command box and hit ENTER.
- Then you would get all system summery dialogue box, in the system summery you can find the bios mode of your computer as shown in below figure.
Before moving to further steps make sure that you have clear idea on which bios mode (Legacy or UEFI) your system is booting.
Important: One more important thing is you need to disable secure boot before you Dual Boot Remix OS. Otherwise it will not boot. So, if you don’t know what is secure boot and how to disable it, you can click here to know how to do it.
2. Create a new disk partition for Remix OS:
- Click on Windows Button and type disk partition.
- Click on create and format hard disk partitions. The result will be shown in the figure.
- Select any disk except C Drive which is having a free space of at least 20GB.
- Right click on drive you selected and click on shrink volume. Enter the amount of space to shrink is 24800 MB. You can see the below figure if have any difficulties.
- Then an un-allocated space of 24 GB will be appeared in your disk management as you can observe in the below figure.
- Now Right Click on Unallocated volume and click on new simple volume.
- A dialogue box will be opened to customize the properties of Unallocated space.
- Don’t change anything click on next two times.
- Then it will ask you to assign the drive letter (like c drive, E drive) for drive. Give any letter you want and click on next.
- Next it will ask you to format the disk partition. Choose the file type NFTS and choose unallocated size as default and click next.
- Click finish to complete your disk partition operation.
3. Guide to install remix os on your computer
You need to download 2 files on your computer first. One is EASYBCD and another is Remix OS Zip file.
- click here to download EASYBCD 2.3 software.
- Click here to download links of remix os. Download only compatible software (legacy software for legacy boot systems and UEFI software for UEFI booting system).
Note: remix os available for both Legacy and UEFI boot for 64 bit system. unfortunately for 32 bit system only legacy boot software available.
- After completion of download extract remix os zip file.
- There you can find three files in a folder and extract remix os disk image file you can follow the below image.
- Now extract remix os disk image file.
- Go to the extracted files folder and copy all the file in that folder. Paste all those files in remix os partition that we have created.
- Now double click on EASYBCD.EXE that you already downloaded, don’t change anything and keep clicking next until its installation finished.
- After successful installation of EASYBCD , it will run automatically and a new dialogue box appeared as shown in the below image.
- In the EasyBCD program click on ADD NEW ENTRY. Then click on ISO option under “Portable/External Media”
- There you can find three fields first one is name give the name as the name of remix os.
- Second option is path, click on icon beside path field and select the iso file that we have extracted. At the end click on open icon on file browser. You can refer the below figure.
- After the above step leave the third field and at the bottom you can find ADD ENTRY option. Click on Add Entry option then a command window will open and it executes a series of commands it will take a few minutes wait until it automatically closed.
- Now you can find the message successfully created the entry at the bottom of EasyBcd window. That’s it installation process is over.
- Now restart your system and you can find two os one is windows and another one is remix os. You can enter whichever os you want (from now onwards every time you restart your system you can find two os option).
- Now select the remix os you can, it will load and you can find two login modes one is GUEST mode and another is RESIDENCE
- GUEST mode will erase the all app data for every boot but residence login will save everything.
- If you want to login to windows just restart your system and select windows os.
If you have any confusions, please watch this video once and you will understand everything.
With this articles on Dual boot remix os ends here. If have any problems regarding installation feel free to contact me at comment box .Share the article if you like it and let your friends now about this feature. Thanks for reading.